Safe Homes – Community Action to Prevent Family Violence
CAIWA is collaboratively working with RDC Social Work and Sociology Departments to conduct a Gender Based analysis to support vulnerable immigrant families affected by domestic and sexual violence.
- The research team includes three RDC professors, students and CAIWA project coordinator.
- Focus groups have been conducted with immigrant women, men and service providers.
- One on one interviews will be conducted with immigrant women and men.
- RDC will analyze the data.
- Community service providers will develop strategies to reduce the occurrence of domestic and sexual violence among immigrants.
Through partnerships we expand our Network and Community- Building.